How To Record Videos Playing On Screen
If you get a blank screen when you try to record videos of media players (this is a common issue for all Screen Recorder applications), you may need to turn off hardware acceleration. You can always enable acceleration after recording.
To turn off Hardware acceleration :
1) Right click on the Desktop and click Properties
2) Select the Settings tab and click Advanced.
3) Select the Troubleshooting tab and move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None.
Now try to record the video while the hardware acceleration is turned off.
If not works, you should turn off the video overlay in Windows Media Player by doing the following :
1. In Windows Media Player, on the Tools menu, click Options , and then click the Performance tab.
2. Click the Advanced button.
3. In the Video Acceleration area, clear the Use overlays check box.
4. Restart Windows Media Player and try to record again.